antilogger.dll problem

div_ad 14:33 PM 07 Oct 11

When I start my computer, and whenever I open a programme I get a stream of error messages which name the .exe program I am trying to open and then gives the message:

C:windows\system32\antilogger.dll is not a valid windows image.

I am running windows xp.

Incidentally as it may be relevant I am having lots of problems with my .net frameworks and have been unable to update them, though this pre-dates my current problem.

I would be grateful for some help. I have searched for a solution online and not found one, and also tried to go back to a previous restore point without success.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:18 PM 07 Oct 11

Sounds like a backdoor trojan.

I suggest you scan with your antivirus / antimalware programes

northumbria61 15:25 PM 07 Oct 11

Have a read here enter link description here

div_ad 18:10 PM 07 Oct 11

Thanks Fruit Bat

I had already run AVG and spybot and found nothing.

Thanks Northumbria61

Your link took me to a site which told me a litle about antilogger which seems a legitimate dll though one which may be used in malware. I was encouraged to download 'Regutility 4.1'. I am a bit concerned about this software as it found 3310 problems with my registry (which I have today already scanned with sytem mechanic). These are invalid or empty keys and shared dll's. The software has some truly shocking spelling mistakes which doesn't inspire me with much confidence. The results of its scan didn't include any reference to antilogger so I haven't taken any action yet.

Still hoping for the golden bullet!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:01 PM 07 Oct 11

Do you have Laplnk installed?

if not then its a trojan

If yes then reinstall it

div_ad 00:57 AM 08 Oct 11

No I don't have laplink.

How do I get rid of this thing?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:03 PM 08 Oct 11
  div_ad 01:29 AM 09 Oct 11

I've tried Malwarebytes. It doesn't find anything.

I have just run GMER which found a rootkit then crashed.

I'm going to post on another site as well as things are getting desparate.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

See immersive artist and storyteller Chris Milk speak at London VR event

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…