anti virus/firewall

Tk_RiceZ 18:47 12 May 04

what would you people out there reccommend a software which does both but effective?

rawprawn 19:08 12 May 04

I don't know of a program that performs both tasks, but click here Free Antivirus. click here Free Firewall. Both are reliable.

mgmcc 19:14 12 May 04

If you want "freebies", go with rawprawn's suggestions, otherwise Norton Internet Security for both in a "paid-for" package.

Personally, I would use the "free" Zone Alarm for the firewall, even if you do opt for Norton's AntiVirus protection.

spuds 20:55 12 May 04

There are a number of combined anti-virus with firewall packages. one can be obtained via click here Initial registration is required for a free twelve months protection. I cannot vouch for this product, as I have never used it. I prefare ZoneAlarm and AVG as two separate units.

More info and downloads for other Anti-virus and Firewall products, are available via click here This site also holds various other good info and downloads.

romanab 21:01 12 May 04

F-secure internet security 2004 click here , pretty much the best av you can buy with a good firewall thrown in

romanab 21:05 12 May 04

Forgot to mention that you can try it for free before you buy

rawprawn 22:11 12 May 04

I run ETrust antivirus, which I got free of charge from Microsoft with the update security CD for a 12 month period. It is not a firewall!!
I think the AV is excellent.

Belatucadrus 22:49 12 May 04

click here
Is both anti virus and firewall, but the firewall doesn't install on W95

woodchip 23:07 12 May 04

Yes I got Etrust with new comp how good is it. I know that it's from Computer Associates. The one that made Bitware I use that on my 98se comp for faxing

GaT7 23:15 12 May 04

I use Norton Internet Security (2003) which I find very satisfactory, easy to use & the default setup needs little extra configuring.

As romanab mentions, F-Secure Internet Security is very good, & so is Belatucadrus' E-Trust EZ Armor suggestion - both of which received top ratings - click here & click here respectively.

spuds 23:55 12 May 04

rawprawn--The link that I gave, is the same product link that Belatucadrus also suggested , is for the etrust combined antivirus and firewall. The firewall is the clone from ZoneAlarm Pro, so in reality you get ZoneAlarm Pro free for a year as an extra in the combined package.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…