anti virus for XP

Shinda 13:33 29 Jan 03

I downloaded AVG for my 'puter running on XP. Had a prob this morning as my mouse refused to work, tried 2 different mice ,still no good.The only thing i installed before this prob was AVG, So I uninstalled it & now everything works fine. My question is, is there a antivirus prog for XP and if so where can I download it from? Also run Mailwasher & ZoneAlarm with out any probs.
Many thanks in advance..

tinny76 13:47 29 Jan 03

i had similar but different probblem, keyboard was very patchy after installing anti vvirus. i uninstalled zone alarm, installed antivirus and then reinstalled zone alarm everything was ok.
i dont know if itll work for you but it worked for me.

DieSse 14:07 29 Jan 03

Check here for what passed the Virus Bulletins 100% detection rate test for XP, at the last test point.

click here

Personally I use click here - which has never given me problems in mine or clients sytems-

terminus 15:24 29 Jan 03

The last 3 days, I have just upgraded from W2000 to XPpro, I have re-installed AVG without any problems.

However, DieSse does have a very valid point!

Belatucadrus 15:43 29 Jan 03

click here for Avast4, I'm using it on my new XP pc because of the better pass rate at Virus bulletin. So far no problems.

artist 17:18 29 Jan 03

I've got XP - no problems at all with AVG. Luck of the draw, I guess.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…