Anti Virus-Which One Is Better?

BigAWPC 17:18 11 Nov 05

I recently installed Norton AntiVirus 2005 on my computer, but a friend of mine said that it was rubbish. I was told to install Blueyonder PC Guard from Telewest Broadband.

I was wondering, WHICH ONE SHOULD I USE?

Tycho 17:21 11 Nov 05

I prefer not to pay for antivirus so I have used Grisoft AVG for years and find that it suits my needs admirably.

T

woodchip 17:27 11 Nov 05
  woodchip 17:29 11 Nov 05
  DieSse 17:29 11 Nov 05

Norton is certainly not rubbish - it has a very good record of detecting viruses - however it is slow, and unwieldy. PCGuard I have never heard of

For the fastest,and best AV click here NOD32 has a 30 day free trial. Fast, frequent updates, excellent at finding new, unknown viruses, simply fit and forget.

For free for personal use on a single computer per household, Avast and AVG are OK

ramsay29 17:30 11 Nov 05

Blueyonder PC Guard is free if you are on the 4meg and above packages (can't remember their names) I recently took Norton Anti-Virus and firewall off my system. I agree with Tycho AVG is working fine on my system.

I am also with blueyonder but there have been mixed reviews. I do know that it is uses more resources than Avg. It is also more than just anti-virus. Has firewall etc also.

If you can have it for free give it a go. You can always remove it if you don't like it.

VoG II 17:35 11 Nov 05

PCguard click here;WT.mc_id=by_pcg_ser_aug05&cmp=by_pcg_ser_nov05

I have not tried it myself.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…