Anti - Virus Trouble

Mad Boy 19:57 19 May 03

I was recently having trouble with Mcafee Virus Scan Professional, i just found out that Zone Alarm is conflicting in some way or another. Anyway I was advised to use AVG but the free version isnt installing correctly as Windows freezes. Anyway A friend said i could use his copy of Norton Antivirus, would this conflict with Zone Alarm?

Please note that I currently dont have a anti virus program so i need some kind of software ASAP!

expertec 20:04 19 May 03

I think using his copy of NAV would be illegal

Mad Boy 20:06 19 May 03

ok, so any other ideas?

expertec 20:09 19 May 03

use a different firewall?

Mad Boy 20:16 19 May 03

any recommendations?

Mad Boy 20:17 19 May 03

any recommendations?

expertec 20:21 19 May 03

Other forum members have recommended Sygate from click here and Outpost from click here

DieSse 21:20 19 May 03

I would also recommend NOD32 as your AV - it's much less likely to conflict, and runs much faster tha any other (well known) AV program. click here

mammak 21:58 19 May 03

i am a big time novice to all these big time comp know all,s i dont have a fire wall now cant be done eith it, cause i have norton 2003 antivirus it is a swine for conflicting wie almost anthing :ie my web cam would it let it work not, i paid for the thing so am going let it run, i had a mother oh a virus that eat my whole comp in no time an that was on Macafee paid for again me i sit pretty, an wait havent found anther firewall that will run with norton

Mad Boy 00:28 20 May 03

i still need one fast, FREE preferably

terminus 01:37 20 May 03

click here

anti virus
click here

I run both with XPpro without problems

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…