How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…
I currently have avast anti-virus software and win defender on my system.
I did start with avg free and tried the avg 8 upgrade. Minor bits on my system happened so I went to uninstall and half way in to the un-installation an error message always comes up with failed. Why is this doing this? I now have avg on my system and I can not either re-install or un-install. Anyone know?
Besides the top programs above, anyone know if I need more programs such as an internet one or do I not need?
I also tried bitdefender and since it uses alot of system resources I got rid. However using avast I noticed that when there is a virus found the program alerts you whereas the other programs I have used (avg, bitdefender) seem to find the viruses during the scan and tells you affected at the end rather then one by one like avast. I find this quite annoying as you can not leave the computer scanning and come back to find it finished with 20 infected files - easy.
Which anti virus is next best and scans the lot with info at the end?
when I have problems uninstaling/deleting bitsa left over from an uninstall I use Start>search>all files & folders, and then type in AVG or whatever it is; and then repeat typing in grisoft, in the case of a problem with AVG.
I've switched to AVG 8 and prefer it to the previous versions. But several people I know had problems downloading it so I wrote the following to help them ( and include it here in case you decide to give it another go.)
· do not use the link in the advert;
· do not delete your present v. 7.5 - that will be done automatically when you have installed v.8.0;
· instead go to click here
· when that window opens scroll down and click on the "Get it Now" bar in the left hand half of the page;
· at the next window there is a list of AVG features and 3 columns with ticks. The Free version is the left-hand column (with few ticks!). Scroll to the bottom of the columns & at the bottom of the Free column click on the blue text saying "Continue to AVG Free download";
· at the next window click on the bar saying "continue to AVG Free Download" - it's at the bottom on the right-hand side. Ignore the text about Internet Security at the bottom of the left hand side;
· at the next window do NOT click the bar saying "Download AVG Free 8.0"; instead click on the blue text 2 lines lower down that says "Download AVG Free 8.0 (AVG Server);
· you're at the moment of download at last - I favour clicking "Save" rather than "Run" and I save it to the Desktop. This means the program will be put on your desktop and you then need to double click the icon to open/"Run" and install it.
This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.