Anti-virus software.

Bonzy 17:14 22 May 06

Please help me decide. I need to virus-protect my new pc. Is it ok to get the free AVG from the internet? Does it work the same way the other sold ones, eg NAV work? WHat is the catch? I don't believe a very good antivirus software can be free for all on the internet. Kindly advise.

SANTOS7 17:18 22 May 06

No catch, highly regarded within the forum use it myself can't fault it,
click here
alternative here, also free, also highly regarded

johnnyrocker 17:21 22 May 06

avg? no probs good as gold

johnny.

alexgray104 17:26 22 May 06

I find AVG better to be honest. It doesn't insist on using loads of RAM and making my PC really slow on startup with loads of tray items like Norton AV. Plus, I recieved 5 viruses in a matter on months thru Norton and NONE thru AVG (don't know if just conincedence!)

colberly 17:41 22 May 06

It's my personal choice but I find Avast from
click here better than AVG. It updates itself and in the time I have used it found no problems whatsoever.

skidzy 17:45 22 May 06

Agree with all who recommend AVG free,dont forget your Firewall...Zonealarm free works well with AVG

Remember only one av is needed,any more you could have a conflict.

Download both from click here+

Bonzy 16:19 23 May 06

Thanks for your help, folks. I'll go for AVG! But does it have Automatic update?

johnnyrocker 16:40 23 May 06

yes you set up the time of day you wish it to do so and off you go (the default would seem to be 8 am, which in my case is about as much use as a chocolate fireguard) as i say set your own times.

johnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…