Anti -virus software

lamunu 22:05 13 Feb 04

Dear All
Should there be a problem if i have more than one anti-virus software?

Thanks woodchip for your Techrepublic.......info.

DieSse 22:12 13 Feb 04

Yes - it is very inadvisable to run with more than one - and totally unnecessary - just use a reliable one in the first place. click here

johnnyrocker 22:12 13 Feb 04

possibly but why more than one?

johnny.

leo49 22:12 13 Feb 04

You would be pointlessly introducing a scenario for potential conflicts - one AV is enough.

johnnyrocker 22:13 13 Feb 04

or even click here

johnny.

romanab 23:05 13 Feb 04

f-secure uses three scanning engines and is almost 100% watertight(unlike norton),only kaspersky labs is as effective

Gaz 25 23:12 13 Feb 04

I wouldnt run two real-time scanners but I have never found a problem with one scanner enabled and the other disabled. You then use the later disabled virus scanner for On-demand scans only.

lamunu 19:45 14 Feb 04

Dear all
Thanks for your reply to the above.I have AVG installed however,there was an article in the Daily Mail...12/02/04 about a fault in Microsoft Windows(i have 98 and xp) which could be exploited by hackers.The advice given was to log on to microsoft.com/security and update........
On that website,there is anti-virus software provided by Computer Associates.
So i was wondering,whether it was advisable?
But then you are the experts,so i will stick to AVG.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…