Anti Virus Soft Ware

M7MAK 08:50 16 Jun 03

Is There Any Free Soft Ware That Scans E-Mails?

expertec 08:57 16 Jun 03

click here

Download, install and use AVG 6.0 Free Edition and get:

AVG Resident Protection

AVG Email Scanner

AVG On-Demand Scanner

Basic Scheduled Tests

Free Virus Database Updates

Automatic Update feature

Easy-To-Use Interface

Automatic Healing of infected files

AVG Virus Vault for safe handling of infected files

Basic user Interface only

Disabled Advanced Scheduling of Tests

Disabled Creating of Your Own Tests

No Technical Support

Agent Smith 08:59 16 Jun 03

There are several out there that are used by other forum members. AVG from click here Sophos from click here and Kapersky from click here I use AVG but that's just my choice. Others have their own favourites.

Gaz 25 10:56 16 Jun 03

I love AVG.

Give it ago.

Belatucadrus 11:42 16 Jun 03

click here for avast 4, better than AVG 6.0, how it compares with 7.0 remains to be seen.

Pusherman 12:11 16 Jun 03

I have just downloaded AVG for use on my old laptop and it seems to work fine. I have one slight problem though. It appears to work only with Outlook rather than Outlook Express. I do have a version of Outlook but it is an old version and I find it a slight pain in the derrière as apposed to the simplicity of Outlook Express. Am I right in saying this or have I overlooked something in the AVG setup?

soy 12:32 16 Jun 03

My AVG works with Outlook express. Maybe AVG only checks the default Email client, Have you tried this?

Nosmas 16:37 16 Jun 03

I have been running AVG for some time now and it has always worked with Outlook Express. I recently upgraded IE from v5.5 to v6.0 and at the same time it installed (upgraded) OE to v6.0 and AVG still works.

One thing which may make it appear not to work with OE is that incoming mail is not stamped in the same way that outgoing mail is stamped with the AVG version and release date, but I have been assured that incoming mail is nevertheless properly scanned for viruses.

Hope this helps

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…