Anti Virus Program problem?

Bingalau 18:24 14 Feb 05

My son has just been on the phone to me with a problem. He has installed an Anti Virus Program on his computer and after he installed it and came to re-booting. His screen has frozen up. It has got as far as the icons appearing and then freezes. His mouse indicator still moves. He has got a blue bar on the bottom of his screen with The "Egg Timer" on, but that has been there since he went to work this morning. He is on Windows XP and it seems the anti Virus prog. is "E" Trust AV Anti Virus. Anybody any ideas? I advised him to un-install it. But he can't get any where to do that............Bingalau

Diodorus Siculus 18:31 14 Feb 05

Can he start in safe-mode? If so, it may be possible to use system restore.

mattyc_92 18:33 14 Feb 05

boot into safe mode and then you should be able to access the "add or remove programs" option in the "control pannel"

Bingalau 18:50 14 Feb 05

Many Thanks Mattyc_92 and Diadorus Siculus.. Got him sorted...Wonderful you guys. I've also just recommended that he register with this site for any future problems he may have. To be solved by the many (Whats the plural of "Genius")? nice people on here. I think I have clicked on "solved". Thanks again..

Diodorus Siculus 18:54 14 Feb 05

pl. ge·ni·i (jn-) genii - Roman Mythology. A tutelary deity or guardian spirit of a person or place. :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…