Anti virus prog doing a good job?

2CV6 17:55 06 Dec 04

Hi, I use trend micro 2005 anti virus and keep getting an alert that virus called SPYW IE PATCH.A is trying to get to Liveupdate.exe but its always denied access. TM must be doing its job. However I tried another AV prog called Avast for a free scan. It went through no problem but reported not able to scan the following: c:\svc32.exe, \windows\system32\chktrust.exe,\programfiles\liveupdate.exe + a few others. TM doesn't report this, yet Avast does. I thought AV progs scanned everything. Wots this spyw ie patch.a trying to do? Anyone know why AV's wont scan these files/folders. Grateful 2cv6.

JaßîsFaß ˜ 21:20 06 Dec 04

Open Windows Task Manager - are these .exe files shown as current processes. If so your AV software is ignoring them as they are running at the time of the scan.

2CV6 09:39 07 Dec 04

Hi, there's nothing running in the task manager box [ctrl+ sft+esc] or doesn't seem to be.Thanks 2cv6.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Portable power and versatile design let down by expensive accessories and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best design TV series, films & documentaries

iPhone 7 Plus vs Sony Xperia XZ Premium comparison preview: Superb camera gives Sony the edge - on…