Anti virus over a network/ over partitions

ZAXBYC 00:29 10 Jun 06

Hiya,

I have a setup in which i use a sercure OS for all my work, ie it has a firewall antivirus etc on it to keep it nice and safe.

I have other partitions without these safety features that i use for downloading and gaming.

When using my antivirus/ spyware removal program on the secure partition are they still able to effectively clean any other partions or would they not be able to see some virus/spyware becuase it wouldnt be "active"

Incidently, if drives of other computers are mapped over a network with full access rights could this be done to scan multiple computers drives remotely?

Thanks for any help,

Mike

mgmcc 19:55 10 Jun 06

An AntiVirus program protects the computer, not specific partitions or drives within it. It runs in the background to alert you if you download infected files or emails and, when performing a full scan, can be set to include whichever drives you want.

Similarly, a firewall protects the computer from unwanted traffic from the internet and generally (apart from the Windows firewall) also provides control over outgoing traffic and the programs that are allowed to access the internet. It is not specific to any particular drive or partition.

<<< Incidently, if drives of other computers are mapped over a network with full access rights could this be done to scan multiple computers drives remotely? >>>

Each computer should have its own AntiVirus program and Firewall software.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…