Anti Virus over multipul Drives/ a Network

ZAXBYC 00:15 10 Jun 06

Hiya,

I have a setup in which i use a sercure OS for all my work, ie it has a firewall antivirus etc on it to keep it nice and safe.

I have other partitions without these safety features that i use for downloading and gaming.

When using my antivirus/ spyware removal program on the secure partition are they still able to effectively clean any other partions or would they not be able to see some virus/spyware becuase it wouldnt be "active"

Incidently, if drives of other computers are mapped over a network with full access rights could this be done to scan multiple computers drives remotely?

Thanks for any help,

Mike

terryf 01:15 10 Jun 06

How do the other pcs on the network connect to the internet? through a router? can they individually connect? if so I would suggest loading the same av progs on each.

ZAXBYC 01:49 10 Jun 06

In a few weeks there will be a server connected to the net and all other computers will acess the net through this server.

I was considering running just one Antivirus on the server that is scheduled to run and scan all the attached computers over night.

Mike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…