Anti Virus for Mandrake 9.1 (Linux)

Linus Tourvalds 22:59 10 Sep 03

Where can i download an antiviurs prog for Mandrake 9.1? Does linux need one? What about a fire wall as well, does linux need that?

I used to use avg on my win xp but since moving to Linux i am curious do i need the above two things?

krypt1c 23:14 10 Sep 03

This link might help with what you need / don't need click here
And this one offers a free linux av for home use
click here

PªūĽ ? ♂ 23:15 10 Sep 03

Antivirus no Firewall yes, Look up Iptables which is for firewalling, Documentation can be found using the man command in a terminal window

man iptables

The easiest way to use iptables is to use a gui like firestarter, click here It does a great job but needs to be ran as root, So open a terminal and su to root and type firestarter once you have it installed obviousley :)

The number of viri for linux is extremely small probably countable on both hands, Even if you did manage to get one as long as you werent logged into your PC as root the damage would be minimal because it wouldnt be able to touch any file other than the ones a user has access to. Usually /home/paul

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…