anti virus istall

djbenny 16:44 20 Aug 10

hello

i have windows server 2003 and am trying to put an anti virus onto it, i have kaspersky 2011, but i will not let me install on the OS, so i tried compatibility mode but says it needs xp sp2 is there any other way to "fool" the application into installing on the server?

Belatucadrus 17:50 20 Aug 10

Unlikely Kaspersky 11 doesn't list Server 2003 as a viable OS in its compatibility list click here

You could try Comodo Endpoint click here

djbenny 13:26 21 Aug 10

i have already purchased and have a spare lisence so would be nice to get this working rather than using another solution

northumbria61 13:30 21 Aug 10

Kapersky for Windows Server here - click here

northumbria61 13:33 21 Aug 10

"i tried compatibility mode but says it needs xp sp2" - why don't you install Service Pack 2 ?

northumbria61 13:36 21 Aug 10

Service Pack 2 contains a lot of updates which it appears may be necessary for you to run Kapersky 2011.

Your requirements are listed here - click here

djbenny 13:51 21 Aug 10

i have sp2 on server 2003 and will i be able to use my acivation key on the server edition of the software?

woodchip 14:05 21 Aug 10

Before trying to load any other Anti-Virus, you should remove all other old ones.

As you are asking for trouble if you do not

northumbria61 14:48 21 Aug 10

Follow advice of "woodchip" above. See here for "Activation" - click here

Belatucadrus 17:32 21 Aug 10

I could be wrong, but I don't think the SP2 issue is relevant, Kaspersky 2011 doesn't appear to be compatible with Windows Server, no matter what service packs are installed and I doubt you can fool, tweak or adjust it to circumvent the problem. You need an AV suitable for windows server, either from the Comodo link or as shown by northumbria61.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…