Anti Virus. Interesting statistics.

mooly 12:28 02 Dec 08

I use FSecure Internet Security and have to say I have been well pleased. Never had any problems at all.
My subscription runs out in a month and the usual "renew now" message appears together with some statistics from my PC.
In 11 months nearly 5 million files have been scanned. 1 million connection attempts !! What does that mean ? Messages scanned zero. Spam messages filtered zero. 1500 updates in 11 months.

Carpigiani 15:17 02 Dec 08

They are just trying to scare you into paying for another years subscription.

Why not use some of the very good free software available for download.

See this thread for some good advice click here

mooly 17:56 02 Dec 08

Thanks for the link. I was actually thinking of just using FSecure anti virus which is half the price of the Internet Security package. Apart from no firewall ( Would have to use Vistas ) and no parental controls they seem the same --rootkits-spam control etc all there with the lesser package.
I don't know. I have had one trojan picked up by F Secure in two years, that was 14 months ago. Nothing else !!

Rahere 17:59 02 Dec 08

Try Comodo firewall for a good free firewallcthat is on a par or better than most bundled with AV software click here

mooly 18:28 02 Dec 08

Would Vista's firewall not do all that is required ?

birdface 19:42 02 Dec 08

Maybe cheaper to shop around.click here

mooly 07:18 03 Dec 08

Now thats more like it. I usually find the on-line renew price drops down at the last minute near the deadline. £34.99 at the mo for IS2009. Thanks. I'll click this as resolved me thinks.

mooly 08:21 03 Dec 08

Buteman,
Have just dusted the Credit Card off. Amazon -- thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac