anti virus installation

stu7 15:31 16 Sep 10

Im trying to install anti virus but my computer keeps giving the message that it is unable to complete the installation. can anyone help with this problem?

mfletch 15:35 16 Sep 10

More info needed

What is the antivirus your trying to install

Have you removed your old Antivirus

stu7 16:07 16 Sep 10

Iv tried Kaspersky, AVG and Avast - I havent any anti virus

rawprawn 16:09 16 Sep 10

Did you ever have an anti virus program, if so what was it. There could be remnants of it left in the registry and you need the proper tool to remove them.

Belatucadrus 17:49 16 Sep 10

If you do have the remains of a previous AV program blocking installation, it may be worth trying Appremover click here
If on the other hand your lack of security has allowed something nasty on the system that's blocking the installation of security software then it would be worth running a cleaner like Norman Malware Cleaner click here or Vipre Rescue click here

birdface 18:14 16 Sep 10

What rawprawn is saying is how did you remove your other anti-virus programs.
Did you download the removal tool for each of them and remove them that way.

stu7 19:15 16 Sep 10

Thanks - this is from a complete Re- instalation of the HD so just trying to put an AV on for this 1st time!

rawprawn 19:18 16 Sep 10

Are you sure you did a full installation, and not an upgrade.
If it was full it would have formatted the drive.

stu7 09:04 17 Sep 10

Yes I formatted the Drive.

lotvic 09:15 17 Sep 10

What OS? and have you installed mobo drivers and any OS SP's (if XP are on XP SP3)

Is it retail or OEM?

It might be the microsoft installer needs updating.

mfletch 14:12 17 Sep 10

Yep you will need to install the service packs before the Antivirus

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…