Anti virus and firewall software

James xp 17:19 30 Aug 03

Hi everyone. we have not long to delivery of a nice new pc, using xp home edition. Has anyone got any recommendations for anti virus and firewall software. We have seen articles for both norton and panda. Norton seems a bit confusing whilst panda seems suitable for novices.

krypt1c 17:35 30 Aug 03

It depends on if you want to pay or would like freeware. For firewalls there the free version of ZoneAlarm from click here. There's also a paid for version with some added features.
For AV theres the free version of AVG from here click here or there's avast click here
Again there are paid for versions of both. You should also install the spyware finders adaware6 from click here & spybot search & destroy from click here.

jaygice 17:38 30 Aug 03

i am not that well clued up on things like this as well but i have norton anti virus and norton firewall and find it very easy to use and getting updates is so easy try it

Mysticnas 18:03 30 Aug 03

norton is brilliant stuff, they provide regualr updates, formally every wednesday but if anything comes up you'll get an automatic download if online.

If you get Norton System Works thats comes with Norton Antivirus integrated into it, then all you need is Norton fire wall.

It really is good. I've been using norton since waaay back. I've tried ZA in the mean time and Mcaffee but they aren't no where near half as good!!!

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:36 30 Aug 03

click here it's all there..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…