anti virus: firewall: anti-spyware:

skell 19:12 17 Dec 06

Hi people, i have norton 2003 installed and its due to expire soon and dont feel its worth paying to update it so im looking for a free anti virus programe with a firewall included that will suit my needs. im not one for surfing the web too much or for downloading stuff so probably wouldnt come across any sites that may infect my system. nevertheless, i dont feel totally safe just using the xp firewall.

ive looked at ewido's anti-spyware but does it include a firewall? what firewall is good for me, plus also, what free anti virus would be the best recommendation?

thx.

VoG II 19:13 17 Dec 06

Ad-aware click here
Spybot click here
Superantispyware click here
Spywareblaster click here
AVG Antispyware click here
Windows Defender click here
AVG Antivirus click here
ZoneAlarm click here
A-squared click here

chocolate cake 19:16 17 Dec 06

VoG - Do you have that list saved to notepad? That was lightning fast again!

Totally-braindead 19:19 17 Dec 06

Anti virus either AVG free or AVAST free, firewall I use Zone Alarm free but theres lots of others and at least 2 antispyware programs, lots of free ones take your choice.

VoG II 19:20 17 Dec 06

"Do you have that list saved to notepad?"

Spot on! The question comes up so many times...

skell 19:25 17 Dec 06

thx VoG...

AVG looks good and i believe ive used it for a trial period once before but as for a firewall is one included too? or can i have zone alarms firewall running alongside avg. sorry for the newbie questions. i will use ewidos anti-spyware btw.

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:26 17 Dec 06

As this has come up on a daily basis and to avoid a further long thread just use these 3 AVG free click here AVG antispy (formerly Ewido) click here and jetico firewall click here All 3 are free and coupled with SOME common sense you will have no troubles. Use with CCleaner click here and all will be fine. There is no point in getting all paranoid and OTT.

G

skell 19:27 17 Dec 06

wow that was fast..my questioned has been answered. many thx guys:)

VoG II 19:27 17 Dec 06

Zone Alarm and AVG co-exist quite happily. See Firewall Settings in the Documentation click here

birdface 19:47 17 Dec 06

One of the best Firewalls Is Kerio,Full version Free for a month, Then if you dont want to buy it,It reverts to the free version,This one is so easy to use ,Download it then forget about it, It does all the work for you, All the other Firewalls have got that annoying pop up asking you to Accept or Delete,If you decide to download it ,make sure you click on the easy version, click here

kdt 19:59 17 Dec 06

mcafee firewall 6 was in the disc of a pc magazine

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…