Anti-Virus + Firewall

Robotic_Rob 22:32 29 Jan 06

Hey,

I am going to wipe my hdd and start fresh. Could some of you people recommend a good anti-virus software and firewall please.

At the moment i have ZoneAlarm Security Suite V6.1. and Norton SystemWorks 2005 V8.02.

Should i stick with them or get a different antivirus and firewall?

Cheers

PS. I also have CW Shredder, Ad-Aware SE, SPyware Blaster and Spybot Search And Destroy.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:43 29 Jan 06

If you have already paid for them, then stick with them.

Looks like a good combination to me.

The Spires 23:30 29 Jan 06

I think System Works is huge and bloated, at one time Norton products were must haves but now I think they are invasive and troublesome. The Zone Alarm firewall is good as is the Zone free version also or the free Kerio/Sunbelt offering. The free version of A-Squared is a usefull addition. click here

rawprawn 08:11 30 Jan 06

click here If you are a Barclays customer you can get a 30% discount, just click on security as you log in. I have had problems in the past with both of the programs you have and I ran ZA & AVG free for a long time, but I can recomend F Secure. Try the 30 day free trial.

jaritch 08:43 30 Jan 06

If you are happy to pay for these products then I would recommend "AVG Plus Firewall". It is low on resources, effective and a good price for two years updates. You can also try a 30 day trial before buying. click here

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:24 30 Jan 06

There 9is no need for home users to pay. Use AVG free edition and ZA free. They will protect you just as well as the paid for versions. Witht the money saved by an external HD...this will save you.

G

uisquebeathus 12:27 30 Jan 06

try Avast free
and
Comodo firewall
also free

Robotic_Rob 14:36 12 Feb 06

Is there anything better than Zonealarm on protecting you from the internet? As ive decided i dont need all the protection Zonealarm gives, so i dont need protection on every program and msn and all that. As i believe it slows my computer down too much, but i still want a good service on the internet side of things?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:51 12 Feb 06

Is there anything better than Zonealarm

No

the other good ones (sygate kerio) have been taken and are nolonger suported.

Belatucadrus 14:57 12 Feb 06

Kerio was taken over by Sunbelt who are fully supporting it and still offer a free version click here

phil46 15:32 12 Feb 06

As a user of AVG anti-virus for some time now i dumped Zone alarm for AVG+firewall i can not fault this in anyway computer also loads faster to.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…