anti virus etc advice

Smokeyone 09:59 21 Oct 06

I have installed avast anti virus, jetico firewall & ad adware. Have i missed anything out on my xp system. Win firewall is turned off. Also have tried zone alarm & comodo but they upset my system.
Do i now leave well enough alone....

Cheers

terryf 10:01 21 Oct 06

Wait and see

Gongoozler 10:05 21 Oct 06

I don't know jetico firewall, but I regularly use Avast and AdAware and find them very good. Nothing will give you 100% security but what you have, combined with reasonable care, should give you the protection you need. If you also have a backup routine then if anything does get past your defenses that you can't remove, you will be in a position to wipe your drive and reinstall. It is for this reason that I keep all my saved documents, files and emails on a separate partition.

gudgulf 10:23 21 Oct 06

Windows defender with its real time blocking is worth trying click here

as is SpywareBlaster which also blocks malware from getting on the system in the first place click here

Mkae sure you have CCleaner as well to regularly clear out the temporary files that malware often lurks in click here

Personally I like to have a cpouple of other scan on demand antimalware tools as Adawarew on its own wont find everything.

A2 and AVG antiSpyware 7.5(formerly Ewido) are my choice and both have free versions.

click here

click here

Smokeyone 12:07 21 Oct 06

Thanks all for the advice. I'll leave things as they are but add CCleaner & another anti spyware.

Thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant