Anti virus that comes installed on your laptop

whisked 21:16 06 Jan 05

I have Norton 2004 preinstalled on my new laptop but still have an existing subscription for Mcafee on my old laptop.

My question is can i use up the remainder of my Mcafee yearly sub by installing it on my new machine and then still have a years worth of Norton when it runs out or did my year with Norton effectively start when i used my new machine for the first time even though i haven't registered it yet?

Many thanks.

Giggle n' Bits 21:49 06 Jan 05

it may be a OEM installation ans has 3 months left on the subscription if you have upto a year then your lucky and perosnally I would keep the Norton.

Make sure you registar the norton by dropping the Help menu down this will help you get the full updates.

If you have norton with the laptop also on a CD then unintall the Norton from laptop fully by removing Live update, symantec & norton lines in Add/remove (control Panel) then reinstall McAfee.

Come McAfee expires either stay or remove and put norton back.

Perosnally I have worked with Norton from D1 and prefer it but its what your use to at the end of the day.

What not to do is "Not" to run Both or you will crash or cause problems/Conflict's galore.

Hope I helped

whisked 22:35 06 Jan 05

Hi.

What is OEM?

I do not have an CD for Norton, i do though for McAfee. I just assumed it would be a years sub but from what you say it may not be then.

So assuming it is 3 months my question is still does that 3 months run out 3 months after laptop iniated or 3 months after registering Norton?

colorado kid 00:05 07 Jan 05

Had Norton Preinstalled on my new laptop and it was 3 months from the day the comp was turned on - have since paid for subscription and have to say it was worth the money

GANDALF <|:-)> 00:15 07 Jan 05

Just d/l AVG and you will have no worries.

G

polo 11:05 08 Jan 05

It's three months from when you start using it. When the time comes for renewaldon't worry it will tell you over and over for weeks beforehand! It'll be 3 months mine ran out yesterday

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:32 08 Jan 05

Why pay for something you can get for free? the following programs come highly recommended and cost nothing to update.

Anti Virus :-
Avast4 click here
Antivir click here
AVG antivirus click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…