anti-virus AVGfree blocks access to e-mail program

jakgill 14:02 30 Dec 04

I have recently downloaded AVG 70 free. This includes an e-mail scanner which now blocks my access to both my "mailwasher" and my "outlook express" e-mail programmes.
Any help will be much appreciated.
Happy new year,
David Nichols.

Diemmess 15:08 30 Dec 04

Since nobody else seems to have said anything, I wonder if the pecking order of AV, Spyware and Firewall have been upset.

Having said that I'm not sure how I would go about such a problem, particularly as I use Aol and am 'protected' from having to play with mailwashing and Outlook express.

You might open the control centre and see if anything odd shows when you double click on Email Scanner

Stuartli 15:12 30 Dec 04

I've had no problems scanning sent or received e-mails with AVG7 (XP Pro) but installing it on a Windows 98SE system meant that e-mails could not be sent or received.

The solution was to Add avgemc.exe and avgnet.exe to ZoneAlarm's Program Control (use the Browse button to find and add them from the Grisoft folder).

By the way, if you key AVG into the Search box there are many threads on this subject.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…