Anti-Virus And Anti-Spyware?

Silenced 22:32 26 Mar 08

Hello, I am new to these forums and I thought I would start it off by asking a question, now, my question is what are the best things for these?

Anti-Virus
Anti-Spyware
Anti-Rootkit
Anti-Malware

I am looking for all round protection of my PC, but I don't have any money to spend on it, I currently use AntiVIR for my Anti-Virus and wondered if there way anything better I could use for free.

Any suggestions?

skidzy 22:36 26 Mar 08
  Silenced 13:30 27 Mar 08

I'd rather have the detection rate of them too, not just someone's opinion.

anskyber 13:37 27 Mar 08

This site gives some of the information you ask for. click here

The real problem with such comparative information and indeed the problem for review mags is the comparisons tend to be done when new av products come out rather than all at the same time. Cross analysis is therefore impossible because of the different data sets used.

sunny staines 13:38 27 Mar 08

someone's opinion is a lot better than web and mag tests in my opinion, as readers are not swayed by advertising and are using then for real time computing not on test set ups.
for A/V They are similar and its a matter of taste.
for antispyware there are a lot of useless and dodgy ones out there I would go for

superantispyware
A2 Squared
spybot search destroy or adaware
and spyware terminator for real time scanning
also spywareblaster all these are free.

sunny staines 13:40 27 Mar 08

use the link by skidzy it is very good.

mfletch 13:45 27 Mar 08

Always use recommended programs from people who have used them,

As above

Anti-Virus / AntiVIR {also scans for rootkits}
Anti-Spyware / Superantispyware
Anti-Rootkit / as above
Anti-Malware / is much the same as above,

You need a active antispyware program,

I would use Asquared

lofty29 13:47 27 Mar 08

there is not a lot of point asking for peoples suggestions if you don't like the answers, you have had first class advice so far

skidzy 16:12 27 Mar 08

" I'd rather have the detection rate of them too, not just someone's opinion "

The link ive posted pretty much covers how to protect a computer connected to the internet,this has proven to be very popular and still active todate.

If you think this does not meet your requirements,i suggest you pay for an all in one package such as Mcafee or Norton.

You asked for freebies,i gave them to you.

Most people post back with a thankyou,obviously its not good enough for you when you post something as you have " I'd rather have the detection rate of them too, not just someone's opinion "

This is a wonderful forum with very polite and extremely helpful members...and FREE.

lofty29 16:30 27 Mar 08

skidsy
Most of the people on here are fantastic, the advice given by you and others is always worth a thank you, even the arguments on the different forums are great fun, but the old saying is true, good deeds will always be punished

skidzy 16:44 27 Mar 08

thankyou for the feedback.
What really gets me is the fact,we have answered the question and obviously politeness does not exist in Silenced book.

Me,im a please and thankyou man....after all,it costs nothing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017