Anti Virus Advice Please

New Use_4567 10:56 13 Aug 06

My computer is a week old and i need anti virus software and a firewall.

Can anyone reccomend anything i should buy?

Thanks

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:01 13 Aug 06

Do not buy, use AVG free click here or Avast, also free click here

There is no need for home users to pay for ANY security programmes or cleaner programmes

G

VideoSentry 11:02 13 Aug 06

Try searching on the site there are numerous software choices some are Free like AVG.
Or the cover disc allways has a good selection.

New Use_4567 11:04 13 Aug 06

yes i heard about avg, has anyone here used it for a long time and its worked good?

thanks

rawprawn 11:04 13 Aug 06

Excellent choices by GANDALF <|:-)> for Aniti Virus
click here for Zone Alarm Free firewall.

New Use_4567 11:12 13 Aug 06

yes i heard about avg, has anyone here used it for a long time and its worked good?

thanks

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:13 13 Aug 06

AVG is used by many members here and I run a mail out list of more than 90 users. No one has ever had a virus or a problem. click here Ccleaner, download and delete all it finds. Ccleaner will get rid of all the rubbish accumulated on your computer ....and it is free.

G

New Use_4567 11:20 13 Aug 06

thanks for all the help guys, i have just 1 more thing i need help with. My brother installed Something called windows defender on my computer and he said it protects me from spyware. I assume that this is a trusted as it is from microsoft. Is this enought to protect me from spyware?

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:24 13 Aug 06

Yes, windows defender is from MS and is excellent. You might like to download Spybot as a reserve although you will probably never need it...click here

New Use_4567 11:25 13 Aug 06

thanks GANDALF <|:-)>

BigRik 11:30 13 Aug 06

As long as you remember to use only 1 AV, 1 firewall (the XP firewall is good enough for the average home user according to some) and 2 or 3 anti-spyware apps, you're good to go.

As mentioned before, everything suggested so far is sufficient.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…