Anti virus action.. help

toonfireman1746 15:08 13 Nov 10

it would appear I have some king of virus, there is a shield on my tool bar orange and red with blue line throuth it
It keeps scaning my computer and say to remove them I have to pay
It will not let me open any windows or run Internet ex.
I am using firefox
I have run spy ware docter does not seem to find any thing.
I can not open malebytes syas mbam.ex infected.
using XP
thanks

Nontek 15:11 13 Nov 10

Re-start in Safe Mode then run your anti-everything programs again.

rdave13 15:23 13 Nov 10

Don't know the name of your malware but here's the instructions on how to remove antivirus 2010 from Bleeping Computers; click here
Try and find out the name of this rogue scanner in case different instructions required.

toonfireman1746 16:39 13 Nov 10

I have run maleware bytes it found nothing in safe mode

The name of it is Anti virus action

rdave13 16:44 13 Nov 10

click here
Possibly you'll need to uninstall your version of Malwarebytes first. Follow above instructions and install the programs via safe mode with networking.

VoG II 16:46 13 Nov 10

Try this click here

toonfireman1746 22:18 13 Nov 10

thank you all it seems to have done the trick

BUT I can not open the internet explorer, firefox is fine.
Any ideas?
thanks agian

rdave13 22:22 13 Nov 10

By not able to open IE do you mean the browser doesn't open a page showing the ususl error of not connecting, or do you mean IE just won't open?

rdave13 22:28 13 Nov 10

Tools/internet options/connections/ Lan settings tab/ untick 'use a proxy server..... box.

rdave13 11:10 14 Nov 10

Hope you're fixed now. By the way I miss read your heading. Thought it meant that an action by an antivirus was causing problems not that it was the actual name of the rogue scanner. Sorry.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…