anti virus

yellows 17:12 27 Oct 06

im using norton at the moment and not happy with it. could anyone reccomend a free antivirus programme to download please?

Jimmy14 17:16 27 Oct 06

not happy with it? So you're going to ditch it for the slightest thing?

VoG II 17:17 27 Oct 06
  J B 20:28 27 Oct 06

Does it allow me to manage individual accounts?
Does it integrate my e-mail client?
Does it auto-update without user intervention?
Does it give clear and concise error and/ or warning messages?
Does it allow advanced configuration?
Does it have ICSA Labs certification?
Does it have regular updates and information?
Does it allow me to manage other software installations via one interface for easy navigation in a centralised manner?

I took this from a thread I put in another forum. This is one of the responses that I received. Just answer these questions and if you still want to get rid of Norton then do so. J.B.

Jak_1 20:35 27 Oct 06

I have used both Norton and AVG, AVG is the one I have now used for the last 4 years and answers all the above.

gudgulf 20:42 27 Oct 06

There are a number of god free antivirus products...AVG is one,Avast click here and AntiVir Personal edition click here

It would however help if you post the nature of your problems with Norton and say what version you are using........that way the Norton users/advocates might be able to resolve your problems and you can seek advice on the various (free) alternatives.

Be warned though, this type of thread can degenerate into a slanging match.......well as near as it gets on this forum......between the fans of paid for versus free av software!

yellows 21:42 27 Oct 06

well thanks for everyones opinions. didnt want to get into a battle over which is best.

p;3 23:42 27 Oct 06

when does your Norton expire, as you I am sure will know that you cannot have two installed antivirus programs on one machine; AVG is used by many members ( me included) but to completely remove the Norton can be a difficult task;

VoG II 07:37 28 Oct 06

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017