Anti-virus?

fifemale93 18:18 04 Oct 06

Used McAfee for a couple of years and really fed up with it slowing my PC down so much. Are there any free ones (AVG?) that will do as good a job without the hassle you get from McAfee?

What other utilities would be handy if i were to go with someone like AVG?

Any advice would be great.

VoG II 18:23 04 Oct 06

AVG click here ZA click here

Ad-aware click here Spybot click here Spywareblaster click here

Totally-braindead 18:36 04 Oct 06

I use AVG free, though you could use Avast free and the others VoG™ gives you a link to. The onlt other one I would add is CCleaner useful for deleting bits that get left behind, among other things click here

Totally-braindead 18:38 04 Oct 06

Remember to have only one anti virus program and one firewall. The others you can have as many as you like and before you install AVG or Avast make sure McAfee is removed.

fifemale93 18:39 04 Oct 06

i already got CCleaner and Ad-aware SE Personal which use a fair amount. Just looking for an anti virus, spyware, firewall etc that will be better than McAfee in terms of PCperformance but not letting safety drop

Totally-braindead 18:46 04 Oct 06

You have your answer then fifemale93. I use AVG free and Zone Alarm free and have never had a problem.

Belatucadrus 18:53 04 Oct 06
  Totally-braindead 18:58 04 Oct 06

Your own page I presume Belatucadrus I presume. Very nice I've bookmarked it myself as its always handy.

Totally-braindead 18:59 04 Oct 06

Sorry about the 2 "I presume" I must be thinking of Dr Livingstone......

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…