Anti virus 2009 infection

kates2787 17:31 16 Aug 08

Hi, yesterday our family pc wouldn't allow access to the internet unless we downloaded 'Anti Virus 2009' as it said we had loads of viruses, etc. I told my parents to leave it until I got back from work as I never trust these ads but as usual they tried to fix the problem themselves....... we've now paid £104 to have our computer well and truly infected with this virus. A phone call to the bank resulted in our cards being cancelled but its sorted out the £104 - now I just need advice on how to fix the pc as I'm so frustrated with it all I just don't know what to do.

I've spent a few hours searching for any sign of the programme and deleting everything I've found which matches the time the programme was created but I'm not convinced I've removed it all. An AVAST search found no trace but I don't think it would have been able to discover it anyway. I know a little about 'Hijack this' (HJT) software and it appears to have disappeared but there is one file I'm suspicous about.....

04-HKCU\..\Run:[ieupdate]"C:\WINDOWS\system32\ieupdates.exe"

If i post a HJT log will anyone be able to help me determine whether or not my pc is clean?

Thanks in advance for reading and any suggestions.

Katie

brundle 17:42 16 Aug 08

Post your HJT log here ; click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:51 16 Aug 08

click here

removal instructions

and yes you are correct to be suspicious of

04-HKCU\..\Run:[ieupdate]"C:\WINDOWS\system32\ieupdates.exe"

kates2787 01:45 17 Aug 08

thanks for your advice brundle and Fruit Bat

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017