Anti spyware and using multi programmes

anskyber 19:46 13 Feb 06

Sorry folks I have been asleep whilst the helpers have been answering this question almost on a daily basis. So please accept my apols now!
I run ZoneAlarm Internet Security ver 6 and I am very happy with it. I also have for the odd scan Ad-Aware Personal Edition. I am thinking of adding Spybot Search and Destroy. Can anyone identify any compatibilty problems and is Spybot a scanner which does not run in the background and if it does be in conflict with ZA?

Totally-braindead 19:50 13 Feb 06

Spybot does not run in the background at all hence there is no possibility of conflict.

skidzy 19:53 13 Feb 06

Zonealarm with avg free works well together.You might think of adding the following.

spybot search and destroy
Microsoft Antispy
Winpatrol
Ewido
Adaware
Spyblaster
Regscrubxp

All these are free and work well together,some say that is to much..i say the more the merrier as not all pick up the same Malware.

I find Winpatrol very handy,the little dog scotty can be a nuisance at first...alerting to changes...but you will overcome this.
Winpatrol alerts you to any system changes to your browser and start up programs.

MSantispy will run in the background and dose not hinder or affect the general running of your system.

All these programs are good if kept updated regular.

anskyber 19:55 13 Feb 06

Thanks! You are clearly not as you name would suggest. Can I ask you or any of the others if there are other programmes that I could/should add to my current list to deal with the spy/virus/etc threat given my current running progs. I am aware that ZA firewall is regarded as the best or amongst the best.

anskyber 19:57 13 Feb 06

Wow, something to think about.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…