anti spyware programs

pat2068 19:41 02 Jul 06

can anyone please tell me if anti spyware programs can lock your start page in internet explorer so that you cannot change it no mater what you do as i had pc service call installed on my laptop and could not change it i was told by pc world that it was the anti spyware that was locking it thanks leo

VoG II 19:44 02 Jul 06

You should be able to change the homepage setting from the tools in the anti-spyware program.

I really would not rely too heavily on what PC World staff tell you. Some of them know what they are on about; a lot don't.

johnnyrocker 19:45 02 Jul 06

not in my opinion sounds more like he might have meant spyware is locking it what anti spyware do you have?

johnny.

pat2068 19:47 02 Jul 06

i told them to keep the laptop but i have the same on my desktop spybot adaware ewido and spywareblaster thanks leo

yaesu 19:50 02 Jul 06

Hi, Spybot can do this in advanced mode, (I mean lock the home page)so maybe some others can as well, you can obviuosly reset this . You don't say which you've got. Regards, yaesu

bluto1 22:45 02 Jul 06

VOG has hit the nail in the correct place

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…