Anti-Spyware

msmop 14:42 07 May 03

Can anyone give me info on anti-spyware? I was told about SpyBot, downloaded it, did a scan and was shocked to find I had 10 A4 sheets of spys on this PC. Once I had this info, I did nought, as I was unsure just what to remove and what not, as my partner plays many games on this PC. I am assuming much of the things listed are stored cookies??????

Can someone tell me of a prog that is safe to use for gamers? Thanks

mrsmop

graham√ 15:02 07 May 03

Easiest way in my opinion is select all and delete them all. Then if you do regular checks, you will only have a few to investigate. Make a list of 'friendly' cookies, like you will get from this site, to remember your password, etc.

expertec 19:18 07 May 03

you should run Lavasoft Ad-Aware as well ww.lavasoftusa.com an make sure you have an up to date anti-virus and firewall

gixxer6 21:19 07 May 03

I can concour with Graham as I did exactly that and have had no problems, if you do have any you can always use the recover function.
I discovered this when trying to find out why my ad/popup blocker ZeroAds wasn't blocking everything, it only stops anything coming in from the net but not anything generated by cookies on your system. Spybot was recommended by ZeroAds and worked for me as my web browsing is now much quicker, games are unaffected so far.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…