Anti spyware?

hiwatt 16:13 10 Oct 07

Hi folks,when looking in my add/remove programs I have an "anti spyware" there and it's listed as being used rarely.This isn't my avg or my spyware terminator and this is the only 2 spyware programs I have installed.It doesn't give any other information other than that.I'm a bit curious as to what it actually is.Can anyone help please?

HCOOH 16:24 10 Oct 07

Right click on the entry and see if a box appears with details.

johndrew 16:30 10 Oct 07

I suggest you go to C:Program Files and look fo a folder called "anti spyware"; it may also be worth enabling hidden files when you do this. Alternatively use the `Search` facility to look for all files and folders with this name.

All anti-spyware programs that I am aware of have a name (such as Spyware Terminator) and not simply the term you provide.

hiwatt 16:31 10 Oct 07

No not a thing.When I click on it it just highlights it blue.All the other programs have the size beside them(mb)this doesn't even have that.

hiwatt 16:35 10 Oct 07

There isn't a folder called "antispyware" in program files just my grisoft(avg)and spyware terminator folders and when I do the search I just get the avg antispyware?

HCOOH 16:41 10 Oct 07

May be worth giving the registry a clean, may shift phantom entry.

hiwatt 16:46 10 Oct 07

I've tried ccleaner and eusing registry cleaner and it's still there.There's not even an option to remove it via add/remove programs but I can uninstall it via ccleaner.Do you think I should just delete it?After all it says it's used"rarely"

rawprawn 17:29 10 Oct 07

Which OS are you using?

mfletch 17:40 10 Oct 07

Hi, Download SIW and click on installed programs,

If your antispyware is listed click on it and you will see the details of the program at the bottom

click here

mfletch

hiwatt 17:56 10 Oct 07

Thanks mfletch,I'll do that when I'm back at my own computer.Rawprawn I'm using windows xp.

hiwatt 10:21 11 Oct 07

I downloaded SIW and when I click on installed programs there is no "anti spyware" there it just shows my avg antispyware.I tried to uninstall it via ccleaner and it's saying "the feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other removable disc that is not availiable,insert the anti spyware disc and click ok" When I click ok it says "the path 1 cannot be found,verify that you have access to this location and try again or try to find the installation package ppsdk.msi in a folder from which you can install the product"anti spyware"Can anyone help here please?Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant