Anti Spam Software Advice

Stevie D 11:47 10 Dec 03

I'm getting huge amounts of spam each day.

I have set e-mail filters in outlook but have had little success in cutting out the amount of spam I get - I could be more strict with the rules but I'm worried about losing legitimate messages.

Included in this spam is marketing material from many different Anti-Spam software vendors.

I'm use win 98 and use outlook express.

Are any of these Anti-Spam products effective and if so which ones?

Jester2K II 11:55 10 Dec 03

Anyone who Spams you anti Spam solutions is part of the problem.

Try a free product like POPCORN click here which can be used to filter and delete SPAM on the mail server rather than waiting for it to download and then be farmed off to a SPAM folder.

Mailwasher click here is a good pay for solution too...

spuds 12:18 10 Dec 03

Doe's your ISP run an anti-spam service, most are nowadays. Perhaps worth consulting them, so that it is cut off [partly] at their end.

TBH1 12:53 10 Dec 03

Stevie D - am in the same boat; use ntl and my account gets 100+ spam emails a day !!! Spooky enough, just been reading ntl's policy on spam, not very helpful, just links to spam filters.

961 13:51 10 Dec 03

Mailwasher pro will solve it

Wak 14:41 10 Dec 03

I find the FREE Mailwasher program to be quite adequate when dealing with spam.

Bald Eagle 16:41 10 Dec 03

Could only get free Mailwasher as a 30 day trial and then switched to Mailwasher pro. So far no spam and very easy to set up. Used to get several hundred a DAY before!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…