Anti-Spam Software

J B 09:44 19 Oct 05

I have been getting a lot of spam lately and was wondering if anyone could recommend a simple but effective anti-spam program that I could install to get rid of the d*** stuff. I should add that I do have MS Office Pro so should I change to Outlook or some other e-mail program. Thanks for any help offered. J.B.

Hamish 09:58 19 Oct 05

Look here click here and also look at Google as there are many others

puma22 09:59 19 Oct 05

I use mailwasher which is free. Never put a link in before so hope this works!click here

johnnyrocker 10:06 19 Oct 05

www,filehippo.com and take your pick to get rid of any nasties that may already be on your machine

johnny.

Belatucadrus 11:06 19 Oct 05

click here Snapfiles is always worth a look, quite a few here, with Spambayes & K9 getting top ratings.

golfpro 11:36 19 Oct 05

JB.
You do not say which email program you are using, I use Yahoo which has a very good anti spam program included.
I also use Mail Washer, which is also very good, but you have to delete the spam yourself before down loading to your email program.

woodchip 11:40 19 Oct 05

He is looking for Spam Filter Software, not Ad-Aware programs

J B 15:15 19 Oct 05

Thanks for all the suggestions and I will take a look at them all. Mailwasher sounds interesting, however at present I'am using Outlook Express with mail rules set up but they don't work half the time so hense the question is Since I also have MS office Professional would switching to Outlook with a built in junk e-mail filter would that be the better way to go? Any suggestions or just use a spam filter. J.B.

PaulB2005 15:18 19 Oct 05

I used POPPeeper - just delete away - click here

J B 17:32 19 Oct 05

Thanks again for all the help, I've got enough suggestions to keep me busy for awhile. With these I should come up with something that will do the trick. J.B.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…