Anti spam

greywwolf 20:12 23 Jan 04

A friend is suffering from excessive spam.Can
anyone recommend any good anti-spam freeware?
I must stress it has to be freeware. He is such
a tight sod!
Regards Greywolf

VoG II 20:13 23 Jan 04
  Belatucadrus 20:20 23 Jan 04
  spuds 00:17 24 Jan 04

If you do a Google search, it will bring up many other programmes, for you to choose and perhaps try.

Andsome 09:01 24 Jan 04

I have always found Mailwasher to be an excellent program. The point is that you don't want a program which will decide for itself, it may make mistakes, so with Mailwasher you look at the e-mails on the server, and delete those that you don't want, and then you won't download viruses. The problem is that this takes time, and I finally got fed up when I started to get over a hundred such messages each day. These message are usually created by auto diallers. My e-mail address was one that made sense, 'keith.jones5', so I finally contacted my ISP, and changed to an address which is gobbledy gook, the result is not one spam message in the last three months or so.

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:47 24 Jan 04

I know your friend is tight but if spam is causing him soooo much angst he will not mind spending $29 on Inboxer. This has to be one of the fastest, most intuitive and easy-peasey to use mail screeners that I have ever seen......for a review click here and the programme..click here

G

greywwolf 18:05 24 Jan 04

Thanks folks. I will pass on your advice when
I see him tonight.
Best regards to you all,
Greywolf

G&T 15:12 25 Jan 04

Again, not free but having tried almost all the only one which I have found to satisfy me completely is at click here a free trial version is available and you friend can try it with the others.

G&T 17:00 25 Jan 04

Here's the correct one click here

G&T 17:02 25 Jan 04

Sorry, I'm loosing my marbles. Third time lucky click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now