Anti-malware for Windows 7

Clapton is God 16:55 24 Dec 10

Elder daughter, who's a teacher, has just been given a laptop, for school work, by her school.

The OS is W7. I un-installed the trial Norton Security Essentials and installed Avast AV and SpywareBlaster.

As Windows Defender appears to be incompatible with W7 can members recommend a suitable active anti-malware program for W7?

Jameslayer 17:04 24 Dec 10

Clapton I would be careful about my altering stuff like that if its still works laptop. As they may not be happy that its being messed with.

My mate works for a school in IT and he would have a fit.

VoG II 17:06 24 Dec 10

Windows Defender is included with windows 7 click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:16 24 Dec 10

As you have AVast back it up with Malwarebytes free or Superantispyware you will be well covered

Clapton is God 17:25 24 Dec 10

I'm apparently missing the point.

I can't find Defender in Start; All Programs or in the Uninstall a Program option.

The odd thing is that Windows Update is offering me a definition update for Defender.

Any any idea where Bill's hidden it in W7??

Clapton is God 17:34 24 Dec 10

Found it!

Thanks for your guidance

Jameslayer 18:07 24 Dec 10

I can find windows defender but no0t turn it on as its out of date

rdave13 20:22 24 Dec 10

Check in services that it's started and on auto.
Type services in search bar, click on it in the results list and find WD in services list.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…