anti malware

bobbybluenose 22:19 11 Apr 08

i am using a squared anti malware i turned on the background guard and it seemed to slow my pc down to snail pace so i turned it back off again and all fine now ,emmmm is this the norm, i myself dont think so whats your thoughts

bobbybluenose 22:29 11 Apr 08

also using c/cleaner,spyware blaster,threat fire,avg 75 avg anti virus 75.

Sea Urchin 22:50 11 Apr 08

Isn't Threat Fire an anti virus? You shouldn't run it with AVG AV - only one AV program at a time

bobbybluenose 23:46 11 Apr 08

sea urchin cheers ill remove one of them but not sure which one ime going to go with yet as they both seem ok any advice on what you think is the best one to stay with thanks rob.

Sea Urchin 00:00 12 Apr 08

I have no experience of Threat Fire so cannot advise on that. I use AVG which is widely used by many on this forum.

MCE2K5 00:05 12 Apr 08

ThreatFire: click here&

More Malware Protection than Anti-Virus

brundle 00:06 12 Apr 08

It's safe to use Threatfire with another resident AV

bobbybluenose 00:18 12 Apr 08

thanks all ill leave everything the way it is ,any suggestions to why my pc stated freezing and slowing up thanks rob

MCE2K5 00:24 12 Apr 08

"any suggestions to why my pc stated freezing and slowing up":

Just a guess, ASquared doing it's job.

bobbybluenose 00:35 12 Apr 08

sea urchin,brundle, MCE2K5, thanks for your addvice its great to know you are always here to help rob , i have left every thing alone and my pc is fine so once again cheers rob

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…