Anti hijacking website software??

FOEYDO 16:31 18 Sep 07

Hi, my website was hijacked by a virus. Does anyone know how I can stop this happeneing again?

FOEYDO 08:59 19 Sep 07

A virus infected my pc, my isp blocked port 25 so I couldnt send eamisla nd then upon receiving my reformatted pc back discovered my website had had
several lines of malicious code added to each
page which would not allow the site to open, it said internet explorer cannot open this site and must abort, also anti virus detected exploit. I have removed the code but need to make sure it never happens again. I use cute ftp and store my website access there the virus got in through my pc so host says as it was edited through my pc not there fault.

FOEYDO 10:09 19 Sep 07

Scary thing is our pcs were in for repair when these changes to our websites were made. I ahve now chnaged my anti virus, it was norton that let this happen

Do not access the internet with an Admin level account. Always use a restricted account which will prevent downloaded software from running.

Norton works well if you have auto updates on and should trap majority of nasties. I suspect yu corrupted your PC based website files somehow.

Try Filezilla. I've only used cutePdf and not the FTP version.

FOEYDO 17:30 22 Sep 07

My files have 100% NOT been corrupted. I did not evne have my pc at the time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…