ANTI HACKER SOFTWARE

parkhead 21:28 04 Feb 07

I read somewhere that it is possible to download free software which alerts you if a hacker is accessing your computer remotely. Anyone know anything about this?

skidzy 21:33 04 Feb 07

If you have a half decent firewall,you should be ok.

SANTOS7 21:36 04 Feb 07

Any good free firewall like Zonealarm is more than enough, you have more chance of being struck by lightning than any body hacking your PC.
Hackers are not interested in home users.
When a PC or small business is connected to the Internet through DSL or a Cable modem and a router is installed, the router usually provides the firewall function that is sufficient to protect most small networks. Such firewall protection may need to be configured and activated in the router. This protection is sufficient (as long as the virus scanning software is maintained) to prevent a hacker from installing malware on your PC.

parkhead 21:30 05 Feb 07

Hi Guys,

Thak you very much for your kind assistance.

I go to Control Panel / Security Centre and it tells me that Windows Firewall is ON.

I also run Avast anti-virus and Spybot.

You guys reckon I'm safe enough at that.

Kind regards,

Parkhead

Technotiger 21:36 05 Feb 07

Hi, I would advise you to get either Zone Alarm or Kerio Free firewall. Much better than Windows own.

big bloke66 21:39 05 Feb 07

I second Technotigers advice.

SANTOS7 21:40 05 Feb 07

I thirded it then!!

parkhead 21:40 05 Feb 07

THANKS TECHNOTIER AND BIG BLOKE 66

tullie 21:41 05 Feb 07

I fourth that,but turn off windows firewall

parkhead 21:46 05 Feb 07

Hi Tullie,

So I turn off Windows Firewall and then download Zone Alarm?

Kind regards,

Parkhead

big bloke66 21:46 05 Feb 07

No worries, but as tullie says make sure you disable Windows firewall as they might conflict with each other.
bb66.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009