Anti - Graffitti Prevention Advice?

spuds 10:40 12 Apr 14
Answered

Appologies for not being a computer related question.

I am seeking some advice or information regarding the use of anti-graffitti paint or preventer.

Recently I have undertaken a large scale removal of fencing, which was replaced by new wooden feather-edge. We have a further section that will be replaced shortly, but this section might be an attraction for possible graffitti. We have looked into the prospect of using Euroshield T.D or similar product for a facing agent, and possible easier removal method of any graffitti. I was wondering if anyone might come up with an idea, that they have used with satisfaction, similar to what I am seeking?.

The replacement timber fencing went through a Tanalised/Tanatone process at the sawmill. Putting any form of anti-graffitti paint over the existing treated wooden product is a new experience to the sawmill, fence erectors and myself, so any further help or information would be welcomed.

Woolwell 12:44 12 Apr 14

I wouldn't bother as it may create more problems than it solves. In my experience new fences tend to be left alone and it is the tatty ones that get the graffiti.

spuds 13:15 12 Apr 14
Answer

Woolwell - thanks for the response.

We don't suffer graffitti much, because the police are usually on top of the tags.

This was a question raised more out of curiosity, and surprisingly neither the sawmill or the fence erector's had considered the possible problem!.

One of my concerns was whether any chemical's in the product I mentioned would have a reaction with the Tanalised/Tanatone. The retailer of the anti-graffitti product is looking into this for me.

bumpkin 19:03 13 Apr 14

You will only get poor quality graffiti on a feather edge fence, I cannot imagine Banksy using it as a medium.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017