Anti dialer

curlylad 17:37 08 Jul 04

Does anybody know of a free dialer controller other than 'Dialer Control' itself ?

I have been using Dialer Control for yonks but lately it has been going haywire on start up so I want to get rid and get an alternative so any ideas ?

Ta in advance.

johnnyrocker 17:54 08 Jul 04

are you looking to avoid being caught out with a premium dialler? if so get bt to bar premium rate calls might be best.

johnny.

curlylad 17:58 08 Jul 04

Thanks for that , yes I do wish to stop a premium rate dialer from hitting me , I am sure someone posted the links to a few but can't remember the thread title. Can anyone help please ?

justme 19:42 08 Jul 04

If you have been using dialer control for yonks you were presumably happy with the way it worked. Have you tried deleting it and then reinstalling it.

You could even check whether there is a newer version available.

Better the devil you know etc..

Mikè 19:59 08 Jul 04

It appears to be the latest update that's the problem, I've just removed it appears to be shareware now, and complains (in German) about trial expired. Also doesn't start-up properly.

canute44 20:24 08 Jul 04

I have had a similar experience with the latest version. A week or two ago, the auto update detector told me that a more up to date version was available and asked if I wanted it. I clicked on Yes and it installed in seconds flat. Next time I turned on the PC all was wrong with the display. The graphics driver had vanished and a default brought into use. I downloaded the latest graphics driver from NVidia and installed that. Everything started crashing around me. I uninstalled the Dial Controller and reinstalled the old version, disabled the auto update detect. Still all wrong, PC crashing. In the end I found that disabling the Nview Desktop Manager features sorted it all out. Long story but I still have the Dial Controller (old version) and the latest graphics driver and a working PC.

Mikè 20:29 08 Jul 04

Yes I am running an old version 1.2.6.311, all ok.

curlylad 21:14 08 Jul 04

justme-Good point , I'll bare it in mind

Mikè-Yes that's right , mine doesn't start up correctly

canute44-Lots of problems your end too , perhaps old version is best then.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…