Antec 1200 hundred case cleaning.

HI all

I have the Antec 1200 case which I love with ita lights , fans etc... How ever though I built my pc with dads help ( colour blind you see lol) Anyway am abit scared on cleaning my darling i built it Aug 07 ish...

The top fan has dust on its blandes ( abit) then the other fans etc... What about the rest of the case inside how do you go about cleaning in there please? I never cleaned in a pc before. Or would a shop do it for me? Least I know they do a good job. The guy I go to is very trustworth sorted me out 3 * before with computer issues iver the years.?

I just dont wanmt to break anything

Geforece 260 in there etc
Q6600 cpu

Sound card

Alot of dosh in there

Thanks

4 got to add is there amy videos to watch on the net?

thanks

OTT_Buzzard 10:53 13 May 09

Hi tucker,
there's a couple of opinions on the 'best' way to clean out a PC case. One is to open it up, strip it apart and use compressed air to blow away the 'cob webs '. The other (which I'm an advocate of!) is to use a vacuum cleaner....this however, while extremely quick does attract a few comments about the risk of static build up.

Dust on fans is notoriously difficule to clean off. You have little choce but to take the fan out and use a cloth to rub the dust off of the fan blades.

It's an easy job if you have good dexterty, but take your time and make sure you have a suitable earthing point before yoiu start.

All that said, prevention is better than the cure:

click here

birdface 11:00 13 May 09

Googled.

click here=

I use a hoover with a plastic nozzle and a fine haired paintbrush.Don't let the hoover turn the fans use something to sop them turning.You can use some cotton buds with white spirits to clean the fans.You can get an air can that blows the dirt away.i have never used one so cannot comment I think the £4.95 in asda's was a bit expensive.

If not sure maybe better letting The[ guy I go to is very trustworth sorted me out 3 * ] sort it for you .Explain that it needs a clean out and see how much he charges.

RobCharles1981 11:04 13 May 09

Hi
tucker1975

On the Antec 1200 there are dust filters on the hard drive cages you need to remove the screws that hold the cages in place and then safely remove the filters and blow any necessary dust ect.

To get at the Big Boy 200 mm fan it's easy to remove at least on the 900 version I think they are practically the same scenario

At the top of the case in the upper part there are two screws that need to be removed (Make sure to remove front panel connections!!)

Then on each side are 4 Retention Clips that need to be pushed through to allow the top panel to be released.

Then remove the 3 Screws that hold the fan in place.

This is the idea for the Antec 900 click here if you can't see what I describe you could email Antec Support with this matter

For any further necessary cleaning you can use a couple of new paint brushes and a couple of Air Cans - you can get from Maplins.

Good Luck

Rob

Thank you guys.

For your replies

RobCharles1981 23:26 13 May 09

Good let us know how you get on.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…