Answering polls on this forum

Andsome 08:30 AM 06 Nov 11

When I accessed the forum today, there was a question asking whether I backed up my data. I answered it and was asked to tweet my answer. I choose NOT to get involved with tweeting or face booking. WHY do so many websites now try to force people to join up to these forums when we DON'T WANT TO? Even my energy supplier now exhorts me to join one of these site.

birdface 09:29 AM 06 Nov 11

Maybe use an ad-blocker and you won't get messages like that.I don't.

Andsome 10:01 AM 06 Nov 11

I was happy to take the poll but did not want to get involved with twittering to post the reply.

Armchair 10:06 AM 06 Nov 11

I see the question you mean. It's an Hitachi advert with a grim faced 'suit' plastered on it. I'll give that a wide berth.

Peter 10:18 AM 06 Nov 11

I agree with you about all these other service like Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, etc., inviting you to join them. I just ignore them.

If someone wants to contact me, then they can do so by email (or telephone, or even paper letter). I've been using email, of some sort, since 1986 (Telecom Gold) and it still serves my purpose.

Until there is some overwhelming advantage I don't need to join any electronic Social Clubs to boost my ego!

Nontek 11:14 AM 06 Nov 11

I too entirely agree with you, I have sometimes thought that 'surely I can't be the only one who dislikes (being kind here) these sites' .....

Andsome 08:20 AM 07 Nov 11

Glad I'm not alone on this matter. As I said, even EDF energy now want me to join one of these sites.

Woolwell 11:20 AM 07 Nov 11

It isn't a PCA poll these are found at PCA polls and can be difficult to find without the link asking for opinions in Speakers Corner. The others like the one asking about back ups are ads and best avoided.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 4 UK release date, price and specs: Thinner, lighter, faster with new Type Cover and Pen

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Territory delivers realistic NASA screens for The Martian - as they will be in 20 years time

21 brilliant tips for Mac OS X El Capitan: The best new Mac features in OS X 10.11