answer phone not working with Broadband

dabthoms 18:52 16 Jun 05

have recently gone on to broadband, with the filter in the phone socket it doesn't interfere with the telephone but the telephone answering machine doesn't activate, if I take the filter out I have a poor reception on the phone but the answer machine activates.
Does anyone have any idea what I can do please to have a good reception on the phone and have the answering machine activating.
The answering machine is built into the phone.

anchor 16:43 18 Jun 05

I have a Panasonic combined answer phone/telephone and there is no problem on my ADSL line here. The phone is connected to the filter, and both the phone & the answerphone work fine.

It must be something to do with your equipment; Check with the manufacturer.

dabthoms 17:42 18 Jun 05

Thanks Anchor, I'll do that.

spuds 23:43 18 Jun 05

I use a Philips answerphone in conjunction with a Sharp's combined telephone-fax machine via a filter. Works okay for me, after making some minor adjustments via the instruction manual.If you are running off extentions or long cable runs, then this can sometimes effect performance.

Enoch 06:40 19 Jun 05

I have just solved this problem for a friend. Just reduce the amount the amount of rings the phone will give before the answerphone kicks in. Your problem has nothing to do with Broadband.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…