answer phone

disco 11:18 20 Apr 03

hi
does anyone know how I can set my comp' up to act as an answer phone while im unavailable

Belatucadrus 11:24 20 Apr 03

Phone / Fax software :- Cheyenne bitware click here or CallCentre click here

disco 13:21 20 Apr 03

thanks will try both out and see which suits best

Bagsey 15:24 20 Apr 03

If its not a daft question Why??
Whats wrong with the Bt answer phone. Free or Paid which everr you want. It takes message when you are on line so why add more complications to your computer system??

spikeychris 15:30 20 Apr 03

Bagsey what happens if you don't have BT?

spikeychris 15:35 20 Apr 03

Plus if you do get a message whilst your on-line and log off...you cant log on again until you have taken the message. The free 1571 has caused me so much grief as we broadcast on a telephone line (different one every day) and if the owner of the venue is out and they receive a message, were snookered.

anchor 17:32 20 Apr 03

You can keep the BT answer phone. I have found that so often people forget to retrieve their messages.

A stand-alone answephone can be bought quite cheaply these days, and you do not need the PC to be left switched on. I have Phone-Tools suite that allows the PC to receive messages and faxes, but I don`t use it. I am satisfied with the the Fax to e-mail service from Trinite, and my normal answerphone.

Bagsey 23:20 21 Apr 03

spikeychris. That is a damn good question. I
never thought of that one

anchor. You are so right. There is no warning that a message is waiting. Thats why you need an efficient wife.

Which just goes to prove that one shouldn't go to press unless one knows the propper answer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…