Another XP SP1 Question

pepe 16:15 24 Jul 03

I have tried to install SP1 twice now into XP Home Edition. It completes fine, but when I reboot All Icons and the Task Bar are missing. I have to reboot into safe mode and uninstall the SP1. I'm sorry if this has been covered before, but I did do a "Search" for XP SP1, and found no reference to this particular problem, I know the pros and cons expressed in this forum regarding installing (or not, as the case may be). so advice on the particular problem mentioned would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks

pepe 17:17 24 Jul 03

bump

DieSse 17:21 24 Jul 03

Did you fiollow the instructions to close all running software, especially Anti-Virus programs, before doing the install. This is a common cause of install problems.

pepe 17:26 24 Jul 03

DieSse--- Yes, I closed all progs as required, and I ahve sucessfully installed SP1 before. The reason for the re-install is that I have had to reformat and re-install Win XP. Now I can't get SP1 to behave itself. Any other Ideas Ladies and Gents please.

pepe 17:44 24 Jul 03

>

Philip2 22:04 24 Jul 03

Did you install SP1 after you installed your OS or did you install all drivers and software before
putting SP1 in?
The only thing i installed was graphic drivers after i put SP1 in i then put all my drivers and software back no problem.

VoG II 22:27 24 Jul 03

click here does not mention SP1 but may be worth a read.

rubella 23:04 24 Jul 03

perhaps you can get round it: click here

pepe 18:03 25 Jul 03

Phillip2

As it wouldn't work after a clean install. I have now installed all drivers etc, I have tried it since with the same result

VoG

Interesting link thanks, I don't have an onboard Video Adapter, but all knowledge will one day prove useful I'm sure, Thanks for responding.

rubella

Great link. I have printed out all the info, and will try to create the slipstreamed cd over the weekend. I will live without SP1 until I have to reformat and re-install XP again, and I will use the new CD

Thank you all

rubella 18:45 25 Jul 03

pepe

cool. meantime this might interest you: click here

pepe 11:56 26 Jul 03

rubella

Thanks again, have downloaded the file and replaced the dodgy file.

Many thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…