another way to start in safe mode ???

Magik ®© 08:12 17 Aug 05

hi,I can not start the laptop, if i tap f5 i get the list come up, with "safe mode" at the top, when i tap enter, i get another page come up, asking what OS i want to start, when i press enter (win xp home) it goes right back to trying to start again.......anyone any idea what is going on.. thanks

Taff36 08:16 17 Aug 05

Does the windows logo come up with the blue moving lights and then it starts again?

Magik ®© 08:23 17 Aug 05

hi, yes, that is exactly what happens...

thanks

Monoux 08:28 17 Aug 05

I might be wrong but I thought it was F8 to get a menu to choose how to boot up

Magik ®© 08:34 17 Aug 05

for some reason on here it is F5,if i tap f8 the same thing happens, i get the list, safe mode, safe mode command prompt, and so on, but it still wont get into safe mode.....

Taff36 09:40 17 Aug 05

click here This is my thread and it`s very similar. Read it completely before you do anything.

Have you got an XP home disk - this is important! Advise if it`s a full version or OEM version before you do anything.

Magik ®© 10:02 17 Aug 05

hi, thanks for all that, I have the "product recovery cd.rom"

Taff36 10:12 17 Aug 05

I don`t know enough about the various recovery discs that manufacturers supply. Which manufacturer, make and model would help but can you get access to a copy of a genuine XP Home disc anyway?

Magik ®© 10:22 17 Aug 05

hi again, thanks.....it was in for a penny in for a pound, so i tried the disk i have,followed your link, and it lands up with "press f3" to exit.....I will ask around for a XP disk, if not i will try and get in touch with Rock...thanks for all the help...it is going to be a long day.

Curio 15:09 17 Aug 05

Try Holding down Ctrl key whilst booting. Might be worth a go. Opens my Sony Laptop W98SE in Safe Mode

woodchip 15:46 17 Aug 05

F5 will take you strait in to safe mode on win98 XP F5 brings the list up as does F8. If you try atarting with the shift key down it stops some drivers loading it may get you into windows, if it does do a System Restore to earlier date

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…