Another vista problem

rob3600 22:44 15 May 08

I have just tried to download some photos from my digital camera onto my new laptop, running vista, but do not like the way Vista does it; I preferred Microsoft scanner and camera wizard which runs with XP. Is there any way to run this with Vista?

Ashrich 23:00 15 May 08

By far and away the best thing to do is to invest a few pounds in a card reader and import them that way , you can then see them in Windows Explorer and right click on them and choose which program you want to edit them with , I haven't used the Vista version of the scanner and camera section , but then I never used the XP version either .

Ashley

golfpro 07:47 16 May 08

Dito to that. For what they cost a USB card reader is the way to go. My lap top and PC have a card reader built in but I've only used them once and both failed, so I got my trusty old card reader out and presto! worked a treat. And to think I was going to chuck it when I got the lap top, glad I didn't now.

rob3600 18:20 16 May 08

Many thanks for that will go hunting for a card reader

FatboySlim71 07:56 17 May 08

I have used a card reader since about 2003-2004 and agree its far far easier to import pictures to your computer by this method.

If you are interested I purchased the below card reader around 18 months back after my Sandisk card reader packed up. The one in the link below works better than my Sandisk one ever did, it worked ok with XP and still works perfectly with Vista. I can highly recommend it.

click here

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009