Another trojan problem

Rossi#1 16:30 15 Apr 06

McAfee alerted me to say Id been infected with the Wonka trojan but it couldnt clean delete or quarantine it. So I ran AD-Aware and BT Antispy but the didnt find it so then I did a full and lenghty scan with McAfee but it reported no infected files!
Now Im confused.

ade.h 16:44 15 Apr 06

If you DO have an infected file, then A-squared Free is almost certain (99.99% I'd say) to find it and remove it successfully. click here

Do not forget to disable System Restore on all partitions before attempting to delet the file and do not re-enable it until you have rebooted the PC.

Rossi#1 16:55 15 Apr 06

Installed it but it tells me to create a new account then brings up my desktop.

Rossi#1 17:21 15 Apr 06

Silly me. I got it right,ran a scan but no Wonka trojan.Maybe I got away with it.

ade.h 17:30 15 Apr 06

McAfee can occasionally make false positives. Also, I once saw it detect a trojan on someone's PC that I was using; it claimed to have deleted it successfully, then promptly flash up another warning, then deleted it... and so on.

If a fully updated A-squared has found nothing, then you're safe. About the only thing that it cannot find is rootkits, but not much can at the moment, apart from NOD32.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…